LST Server v 1.5 is released!
Support for LAN Speed Test v4 + faster
LST Server is an additional feature for Lan Speed Test. By using this configuration the client talks directly to the server through the network with no hard drive limitations. This gives more accurate results of True network performance on the client screen. LST Server also makes it possible to test your WAN (internet) connection!
Some of LST Server Features include…
- Completely portable – No installation needed
- Incredibly small (250KB) and can run from a hard drive, USB Flash drives, etc.
- Compatible with all Windows 2000 & up (2000, XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2012)
- Log Window and logging options
- Server supports multiple NICs (Network Adapters)
- Server supports multiple client connections
- New! Server supports simultaneous stream tests with LAN Speed Test v3.0 & up
- Very easy to use
Do I need LST Server to use LAN Speed Test?
This was the #1 feature request for LAN Speed Test.
Using LAN Speed Test without the additional LST Server, writes the test file to another computer's hard drive. Network tests will be limited to drive speeds, caches, etc. This can be the performance test that you want to see as most of the time you are writing files to other hard drives (file servers, etc.).
Using LAN Speed Test with LST Server writes the test file to the server's memory and takes the hard drive out of the picture. This will give your network's true performance. LST Server can be installed on any computer in your network (it is not limited to just a server).